Priced at €/$349.95, the Fanatec CSL DD (Fanatec EU/Fanatec US) is the lowest cost to entry into the direct-drive market, setting a new standard for driving simulation at home, delivering force feedback detail and performance that is unlike anything else close to this price point.
Torque to the hands and Direct-Drive superiority.
The 100% custom motor was developed in Germany specifically for sim racing. It promises to deliver sensational performance thanks to patented FluxBarrier technology, communicating the nuances of force feedback detail to your hands with remarkable clarity.
When the steering wheel is directly mounted to the motor shaft, there’s no belt or gear drive to dilute the force feedback effects. The clear choice of all professional drivers and enthusiast sim racers is now available to a broader audience.
Plug and Play meets incredible performance.
Fanatec’s (Fanatec EU/Fanatec US) strong relationship with game developers means the CSL DD has broad compatibility and consistent behaviour across many popular titles. The Standard Tuning Menu has been simplified, allowing beginners to start quickly without having to worry about settings. The Advanced Tuning Menu remains for enthusiasts.
The efficiency of the CSL DD motor technology means dynamic force-feedback performance is contained in a small footprint. This is also the first industrial motor to feature a carbon fibre composite motor shaft, which increases responsiveness and acceleration significantly due to low rotational masses.
Up to 8 Nm of torque and upgradable quick release.
Standard peak torque is 5 Nm, with the Boost Kit 180 (optional) unlocking the full 8 Nm. This high level of torque can be sustained without the need for active cooling, with the extruded and CNC-machined aluminium casing acting as the structural chassis as well as the heatsink.
The CSL DD uses an automotive-grade, all-aluminium quick release. This component is user- exchangeable, ready for the transition to the all-new QR2 system (coming soon). The all-aluminium construction and anodised surface ensures strength and durability, providing a robust connection to Fanatec Steering Wheels.
Ready for the future.
Connected internally to the wheel base via USB-C, the quick release can be upgraded easily to the next- generation QR2 system (coming soon). Existing Fanatec (Fanatec EU/Fanatec US) wheels with an exchangeable Quick Release can also be upgraded to QR2.
- Direct-Drive system delivers instant, detailed force feedback
- Linear, consistent performance (5 Nm peak torque)
- Optional Boost Kit 180 unlocks maximum strength (8 Nm peak torque)
- Patented, exclusive FluxBarrierTM technology optimises motor efficiency and smoothness
- Full Fanatec SDK support ensures game compatibility out of the box for all major racing games
- Standard Tuning Menu allows beginners to get started quickly without having to worry aboutsettings
- Advanced Tuning Menu allows enthusiasts to fine-tune the force feedback characteristics to suittheir driving preferences
- High-resolution (contactless) Hall-position-sensor, same as Podium Series
- Steering axis made from carbon fibre-enhanced composite
- Fanless: wheel base housing is made from aluminium (passive heat sink, core structuralcomponent) with composite end caps
- Wireless-QR technology (slip ring system, life-tested 24/7 for thousands of hours) means nomechanical rotation limiter, provides cable-free delivery of power and data to steering wheels.
- Automotive-grade quick release, exchangeable
- T-nut rail system on sides and bottom for easily adjustable hard-mounting
- Temporary mounting possible with optional table clamp (not included), supports 5 to 60 mm table thickness
- Power supply
- USB-C to PC / console
- Fanatec DataPort-C
- Shifter 1
- Shifter 2 (Sequential only) o Pedal
- Front-mounted threaded inserts for Fanatec accessories (e.g. ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles, available separately). Not intended for front-mounting the wheel base to a sim racing chassis/cockpit.
- PC: This wheel base is compatible with PC when combined with a Fanatec Steering Wheel. Check the individual Steering Wheel product pages for Wheel Base compatibility.
- Xbox: This wheel base becomes compatible with Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S when used with any Fanatec Xbox-licensed steering wheel.
- PlayStation: This product is not compatible with any PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.
Peripherals – the CSL DD is compatible with:
- Fanatec Podium Steering Wheels
- Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheels
- Fanatec CSL Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec Pedals (adapter cables might be required on pedals without RJ12 connection)
- Fanatec ClubSport Shifters (including ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles)
- Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake V1 and V1.5
- Fanatec RennSport Cockpits
- ClubSport Table Clamp V2
- CSL DD Table Clamp
- Boost Kit 180
- Podium Mounting Brackets (the CSL DD includes M6 T-nuts for side-mounting; the PodiumMounting Brackets require the use of M6 bolts and washers)
- CSL DD wheel base
- 90W power supply (regional)
- 4x T-nuts for rail mount system
- USB cable (Type-C to Type-A)
- Quick Guide